|Open Date||Jan 10 2019 - 03:25:00 PM||Close Date||Jan 27 2019 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Accounting Clerk||Posting Type||Permanent Full-time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Finance||Hours per Week||35|
|Department||Corporate Services, Finance & IT Services||Openings||1|
|Education||High School||Experience||2 years|
The District of Lake Country is seeking a permanent full-time Accounting Clerk to join our team. As Accounting Clerk you will be responsible for ensuring the financial and accounting records of the municipality are accurately prepared and maintained in accordance with District policies, procedures and bylaws. The scope of work focuses mainly on property taxation functions but may also include backup for other finance positions including payroll. The Accounting Clerk works closely with other Finance Department staff in a team environment and also provides support to the Financial Services Supervisor. The normal work week is 35 hours, Monday to Friday, plus the option to join our Earned Time Off program.
The successful candidate will have:
- a minimum of one year post-secondary education in accounting or business administration (preference will be given to a completed diploma or degree);
- strong competence in Microsoft Word and Excel;
- superior organizational and attention to detail skills;
- a minimum of two years’ experience in an accounting position, preferably in a municipal setting (with preference given to an individual with property tax, payroll or other accounting skills); and
- a minimum 50 wpm typing speed, 175 kpm data entry;
The hourly rate of pay for this unionized position is between $23.92/hr and $28.48/hr (2019 rates).
Lake Country is one of the Province’s fastest growing municipalities! We are a vibrant community of approximately 15,000 citizens located in the heart of the rapidly growing Okanagan Valley, less than a half hour drive from Kelowna and mere minutes to beautiful orchards, wineries, farms and the serenity of the Okanagan lakes. Residents enjoy hot summers and temperate winters with boundless opportunities for year-round recreation – from water sports to cycling, golfing, skiing, hiking and much more. If you are searching to relocate to a community that truly has it all, join our team and experience ‘Life. The Okanagan Way!’